How do you make Money





How do you make money?

For years people have said you should write what you know. I don’t know how to murder someone. I have never used a gun, where you stab someone with a knife to kill them eludes me. Poisons are messy chemicals. Though I have met many people who have murdered others.
Years ago growing up in Birmingham England there was a very famous murder. A young girl staying at the YWCA was killed. Her body cut up and displayed as though it was in butchers shop. The city went into panic mode until the murderer was caught. I was a friend of the pathologist son and heard all the gory details.

The father of a school friend was arrested, tried and convicted of murdering four people. We were both twelve years old. When told he began to shake then bust into tears. His stern, uncompassionate grandfather gave him a backhanded slap. Then told him to grow up he wasn’t a child anymore. He never recovered from that ordeal and became a hermit in the Welsh mountains. Dying a few months ago a lonely man. Using this in James Pidgley Book 6 “Death of a Vote” published Winter 2021

Before arriving in America I owned a nightclub in Edinburgh. My financial partner was a local businessman who had a reputation as a cunning entrepreneur. I was called to the local hospital to find him with leg almost cut off. He shrugged it off as a little business difficulty. My eyes were opened and I found out he was the local financier for drugs deals and other criminal activities. He admitted one drunken and drugged night he had as a teenage stabbed someone to death.  The partnership didn’t last much longer.
Using this in James Pidgley book 4 Knights of the Raving Dead published Summer 2020

I came to America to pursue my film career. While working in Arizona on a project I meet a man who claimed to be a film producer. He was a charming likeable person. Smooth talking with that conman’s ability to make you believe anything. He finally admitted his past and told me he had witness many murders while living in New York. It was my first brush with the mob. Sadly he died in prison.  Using this in Malachy Moss book 3 Death Duty published in Spring 2021

Back in Los Angeles I was asked to produce a television pilot. The writer had spent time in prison for being in the New York mob. As we began to film on the first day, it felt like being on the set of the God Father film.  I kept hearing, “oh his no longer with us he got wacked.” I finally asked someone what being wacked meant. The reply was as I expected the person had been murdered.

As for writing what I know, I don’t believe that, I don’t know how to murder someone. When asked the question how do I make money I just reply, “I murder people” pause and watch their expression. Then quietly say “On paper.”

Published in 2018 Coronation Souvenir Published in 2019 Three Ring Circus both available on Amazon.com and Amazon.co.uk


Popular posts from this blog

Understand me – I’m a Writer

Readers Understood

Memories of past life - Bob Dylan